Job Description For Assistant Marketing Manager
Job title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Assistant Marketing Manager provides local marketing support and expertise for partners and the regional sales team(s) that they are allocated to. The role is focused on business development and lead generation through marketing activities, building local awareness of the brand and driving 'value-add' through Marketing Campaigns and Services.
The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The primary responsibility of the position is to provide marketing data to the COO and support the preparation and execution of TechAccess marketing activities. The jobholder needs to remain abreast of market developments relating to IT distribution and should have the ability to customize marketing activity as required.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, integrated marketing plan with a focus on business partner recruitment and loyalty. Execution envisages running a full marketing calendar focusing on conducting /arranging customer events. Technical trainings and relationship events, vertical focus.
- Identify and assess market opportunities and new ideas for winning market share, and conduct market studies in order to provide recommendations to the COO.
- Work with Partners to prepare marketing campaigns, in order to generate leads and build pipeline. Liaise with all Partners in order to ensure sales & marketing efforts are synchronized.
- Execute new partner development campaigns into target partner bases as agreed with local sales teams /vendors
- Create a quarterly partner communication plan to share local vendor content and information
- Drive sales of Professional Services and Value-added services into partners ensuring awareness and encourage take-up through the integration with marketing campaigns
Events and Launches:
- Work with Vendors and Partners to prepare product launches, events or promotions, ensuring smooth implementation and a balance in terms of location and timing.
- Identify local technology events, seminars and expo’s for to attend, and deliver multiple events and roadshows throughout the year
- Build the profile, awareness, positioning and reputation of TechAccess within the Partner community. Run awareness campaigns and partner networking events with existing partners
- Leverage Group Marketing resource to assist with administration, creative design, campaign creation, digital and social media campaigns.
- Ensure brand guidelines are adhered to locally, manage local websites & social media accounts and support local teams with requests for assets
- Support regional sales teams to understand local sales strategies and partner profiles
- Provide all necessary inputs to enable preparation of an effective sales plan, taking care to balance the business parameters with geographic challenges.
Marketing Budget & MDF:
- Manage and track expenditure of local marketing / vendor budgets
- Manage the local MDF process supporting central admin to ensure MDF/Co-op funds are processed, managed and claimed effectively, within Marketing Funds process, and ensure ISO standards are adhered to
- Remain abreast of latest developments in research techniques and practices through membership and participation in professional research associations and bodies, in order to optimize accuracy of data collected.
- Monitor and analyse market share development in terms of total market, market share and growth and keep track of competitors' activities
Policies & Procedures:
- Follow all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing;
- 2-5 years' channel marketing experience in an IT/Technology distribution or vendor business essential
- Proven experience of managing multiple vendor marketing plans and delivering international events.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable existing relations with local media
- Ability to interact with people across the organisation, and to build lasting effective professional relationships
- Exhibition & event management experience
- Excellent attention to detail and good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, adopting a proactive approach at all times, collaborative, and able to work under own initiative
- Fluency in English and Arabic