Job Description For Graphics Designer
Job title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
TechAccess is currently seeking a creative, detail-oriented Graphic Designer to develop projects from design concept to finished art for identity, print and online communications.
Duties and responsibilities
The key responsibility of the Graphic Designer is to collaborate with internal teams to produce a variety of creative works including concepts, identity, print and web design. This will involve:
- Understanding the design requirements and objectives set by the Marketing team, developing creative concepts, receiving feedback and iterating to finalize designs.
- Communicating with the Marketing team on a regular basis to discuss objectives of new and existing projects, develop creative ideas, and establish estimated timeframes and costs.
- Designing, developing and maintaining website projects carried by the Marketing team. This will include Responsive web design, CMS themes, creation of Landing pages and 404 pages, all with logos, mascots, wireframes, web 2.0 layouts and icons.
- Creating designs and artwork for printed productions such as Posters, flex signs, magazines, catalogs, brochures and tri-folds.
The position holder must have the following:
- A bachelor's degree in a related creative or technical field.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate articulately.
- A professional approach to team communication, meeting deadlines, handling constructive criticism and rejection, and iterating based on feedback.
- Strong project management, time management, problem-solving and presentation skills, with attention to detail and acute, deadline-oriented decision-making ability.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate as part of a team to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects within deadlines.
- In addition to being able to follow design specifications, must have creative flair and ability to take initiative in order to contribute to the creative process.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud applications and frameworks such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Fireworks, Flash & Flex.
- Experience with creating professional websites in compliance with web standards and best practices, for scalability and accessibility across different browsers.
- Strong understanding of tools such as Google Analytics, SEO and OWL as well as optimization techniques for client side performance.