Job Description For Accountant
Job title: Accountant
Reports to: Vice President - Finance
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About this job
The Accountant will be stationed in Dubai and is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and support Company operations. The position will involve administering and monitoring the financial system in order to ensure that the Company finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
1. Taxation and corporate law:-
2. Bookkeeping and Financial Reporting:-
- Ensuring compliance to applicable Tax laws and industry requirements.
- Ensuring compliance to GCC VAT framework.
- Calculation of VAT and filing of monthly VAT Return.
- Preparation and management of Prime books of entry, general ledger and Trial Balance.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statement, petty cash and funds management.
- Preparation of Financial Statements e.g. Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow Statement, Statement of Changes in Equity in accordance with International Accounting Standards and Local rules and regulations.
- Implementation of policies & procedures to ensure Financial Controls and Internal Controls.
- Preparation and management of supplier account, vendor's payment proper maintenance of the purchase order system to ensure authorized invoices get paid.
- Management of the trade receivable, ensuring timely booking of receipts, customer account reconciliation and timely response to all customer queries
- Coordinating with banks for obtain different types of banking facilities.
- Assistance on preparation of budget, tracking actual results and reporting on variance analysis.
- Documentation and management of employees files in the computerized accounting system.
- Ensuring efficient and effective office management issues e.g. office supplies, filing, storage and security of documents, repair and maintenance of computer & office equipment and insurance coverages.
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience in relevant roles and fields, especially in Taxation & Corporate Law.
- CIMA, ACCA, qualification.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in:
- Supervising and team-building, with effective analytical decision-making and time management skills;
- Computerized accounting programs;
- International Accounting Standards and IFRS framework;
- Generally accepted accounting principles;
- Local taxes and corporate law;
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties.
- Demonstrate honesty, trustworthiness, flexibility and sound work ethics.
- Fluency in English, with effective writing, verbal and listening communication skills.